I love the colour of this shirt, it makes everything you wear it with seem more expensive. Caramel & Baby and Bonpoint often use it in their colour palettes and this one wouldn’t be out place in their collections (except for the price). Here is one way our boys will be wearing it (Marlow already has the boots) and come summer we’ll be styling it with our favourite denim cut-offs. Last year I waited until the summer months arrived to buy a very similar one and of course all the other clever mummies bought early and it was sold out. This year we’ll be buying early too.
1. Boden Dungaree Dress, £24.00-£28.00 2. Alice à Paris Ruffled Blouse, £15.00 (was £21.00)
3. Martin Pederson Tights, £16.00 4. Maneula de Juan Zipped Leather Boots, £58.32 (were £72.90)
There’s something about a pinafore dress that I always love, and a denim one feels cool, but classic at the same time. I love this one (which I recently bought for Tabitha) styled with a pretty ruffle neck blouse and little leather boots. Cute. This M&S one is a great find too (and comes already styled with a long sleeved Breton).
ps: for anyone who hasn’t already seen it on Instagram, here’s some behind the scenes pics of Tabitha modelling in the latest Mini Preen look book. Needless to say, we want the entire collection!
1. Gap Plaid Empire Dress, £19.95 2. Cos Cashmere Cardigan, £49.00 3. Emile Et Ida Zipped Boots, £87.75 4. Zara Ribbed Tights, £3.99 (were £5.99)
I love this dress on Tabitha. The perfect ‘every day’ dress. I also snapped up these Gap dresses at the same time: this embroidered one; this pintuck one (much less ‘yellow’, more ‘egg yolk gold’ in real life – looks great with burgundy ribbed tights) and this pintuck chambray one.
Admittedly this is about as un-Christmasty a post as you can get. But, I had to share these fab boots because I have a feeling that they won’t hang around too long (let’s not forget that girls Mini Boden ‘boot gate’ of last year). I bought a pair for Marlow and I LOVE them. Everything about them. And Marlow does too (and trust me, he can be very picky – I can’t imagine where he gets that from?). All I’m saying is, be smart and snap a pair up now while everyone else is still in Christmas shopping mode. I like them so much, I’m tempted to buy a second pair.
1. Miller ‘Pop’Jumper, £85.00 2.. Zara Sequinned Skirt, £17.99 3. M&S ‘Best Of British’ Pure Wool Coat, £80.00 4. Gap Velvet Mary Jane Flats, £14.95
This is a great Christmas Day/party look that’s not too blingy. Cosy, cute, with just a smattering of sequins. Perfect.
It’s a different vibe altogether, but I just ordered this robin jumper for Tabs and it’s SO sweet. Christmas-y, but in an adorable old fashioned way. She will definitely be busting it out with a skinny jean (possibly even dungarees if I can bribe her!!) and a gold Mary Jane.
Whether it’s a birthday, wedding or Christmas it’s the same dilemma: how to make your little boy look dressed up but not overdressed? Oh how I’ve envied mothers of little girls at these times, but we think we’ve come up with a cool Christmas solution here. We also like this grey jumper from Next if the Batman sequins are a step too far; and these amazing boots if these hi-tops aren’t far enough.
1. Gap Denim Dungarees, £16.07 (reduced from £22.95)
2. Gap Chunky Knit Beanie, £8.95 3. Cyrillus Liberty Print Blouse, £55.00 4. M&S Leather Metallic Hi-Tops, £24.00-£26.00
I may (frustratingly) not have persuaded Tabitha into a pair (despite my best efforts), but for everyone else with a less stubborn (er, independent) daughter, here is a super-sweet dungarees look for the girls. You may recognise the blouse from a previous post, so you may already have it. Bonus. Just pop a cardigan over the top if needed.
ps: huge congratulations to Zoe Crellin (and her daughter Maeve) for winning the amazing Mini Preen competition! You are now the owner of the Preen Line dress and the Mini Preen coat-dress. Both will be winging themselves to you very soon. We are very jealous! Thank to everyone who entered – we had an overwhelming response. But worry not, it wasn’t the first Little Spree competition, and it definitely won’t be the last…
pps: don’t forget to follow us on Instagram (@littlespree) for lots of extra stylish finds for little ones. Plus previews from the Spring/Summer 2015 collections for kids…
1. Kate Spade Gap Kids Colourblock Tote, £29.95 2. Kate Spade Gap Kids Coloublock Tote (Large), £59.95
1. Jack Spade Gap Kids Contrast Cardigan, £29.95 2. Jack Spade Gap Kids Wool Jacket, £69.95 3. Jack Spade Gap Kids Selvedge Straight Jeans, £27.95 4. Jack Spade Gap Kids Google Eyes Hi-Tops, £29.95
Nicky and I (with Tabarlow and Bailey in tow – it was during half term) went to the press breakfast for the launch of the new Kate and Jack Spade collaboration for Gap Kids. Whimsical, playful, kooky and colourful. We saw, we liked, we shopped. In fact, we actually preferred the boys collection (which is unusual because generally boys’ clothes are so much harder to find). Nicky bought these super-cool hi-tops for Bailey, and he/she absolutely loves them. They are so cool. And how sweet are these ‘mini me’ totes? Here are some other bits and pieces that we liked… these gift bow ballet flats (Tabs was obsessed with them!); this pom pom hat; this glitter satchel; and ok, so this is more of a Mama Spree purchase, but we love this iPhone cover too.
Available (for a limited period only) in stores and online now. www.gap.co.uk
For anyone still looking for girls boots, these M&S ones are great. The picture on the website does them no justice at all, so we’ve taken our own. They are very similar to a Zara pair that Tabitha has (bought last year) and a lot of people asked me where they were from on Instagram. These are the next best thing.
1. Petit Bateau Wool & Cotton Sailor Sweater, £50.00 2. Petit Bateau Long Sleeved Wool & Cotton T-Shirt, £19.50 3. Mango Five Pocket Trousers, £14.99 4. Petit Bateau Striped Jersey Socks, £8.00 5. 10 IS Silver Hi Top Trainers, £48.50
Cool and cosy layering, with a pop of colour…
ps: 30% off the most expensive item in Petit Bateau when you buy three things at the moment…
1. Mango Navy Pocket Wool Blend Sweater, £16.99, Shop Now 2. Oeuf NYC Bat Beannie, £53.00, Shop Now 3. Zara Slim Fit Trousers, £12.99, Shop Now 4. Petit Bateau Unisex High Tops, £59.00, Shop Now
This low-key boys look, is just cool enough…
ps: for anyone who has tried to buy the Geox ‘William’ school shoes from yesterday’s post and were unable to use the discount code, our friends at Alex and Alexa apologise, and assure us that the problem will be resolved by tomorrow (Thursday) morning, and the code will definitely work then.
1. Zara Loose Fit Jumpsuit (3-14 years), £22.95 2. Mango Star Hair Clips (set of two), £3.99 3. John Lewis Cotton Tights Pack Of Two (2-15 years), £6.00-£7.75 4. Boden Short Leather Boots (sizes 22-39), £40.00-£55.00
If you little girl is bit of a tomboy, or you just want to get her out of princess dresses for a day…