Next Chambray Sundress, £10.00-£18.00
1. Louis Loiuse Bow Brooch, £9.00
2. Petit Bateau Plain Cardigan (3-12 years), £36.00
3. Next Chambray Sundress (3-16 years), £10.00-£18.00
4. Maa Helena Sandals (sizes 24-37), £75.00
Another day, another Next purchase for Tabitha. This dress has been waiting in the wings for quite a few weeks now – we’ve just been waiting for the right moment to share it. We love the combination of simplicity and prettiness. The simplicity means it’s easy to style up, and the prettiness means you don’t have to. Anyway, as well as featuring it in today’s post, we have also included it in our very first feature for the fabulous Smallish magazine. Yep, that’s right, we’re branching out as ‘Contributing Editors’ – Little Spree meets Smallish. If you love Little Spree, specifically Mama Spree, you are going to love this! Every month we will be sharing our favourite finds (think hi-low and anything in between…). This month we kick off with ‘Summer Denim’, and as well as what we’re coveting for us, we’ve also included a few ‘mini me’ denim pieces. Including this very dress. We are really excited, so please take a look and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear your thoughts. And if you haven’t looked at Smallish before, you really should – it’s a great read! Happy (bank holiday) Monday!
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Louis Louise Bikini from Elias & Grace (4-10 years), £28.00
2. Rose In April Basket Bag, £23.49
3. Next Corkbeds (sizes 26.5-41), £12.00-£16.00
I am totally obsessed with this Louis Louise bikini (and pretty much everything else in the collection). The colour, the style, the oh-so-pretty ruffles… Tabitha will definitely be sporting it on the beach in Tuscany this Summer, and now’s the time to start stockpiling those holiday pieces. As you know, we LOVE a basket at Little Spree, and this is such a cute one. Rose in April do other (equally adorable) designs too… I had to go for this one, as Tabitha is as obsessed with the Pharell song ‘Happy’ (show me a five year old who isn’t?) as I am with the bikini! And here comes the super-exciting bit…
Our lovely friends at Elias & Grace (one of our all-time favourite websites for the most stylish kids clothes and accessories, including this bikini!) are having one of there fabulous ‘Treat Weeks’ next week. They are offering 20% off everything for one week only. But the really exciting bit is that they are giving Little Spree readers an exclusive preview (aka: first dibs!). You can shop from Sunday (9th May) at 00.01 until 00.01 on Tuesday (19th May) , i.e. you can shop with the Little Spree discount all day Sunday before anyone else can. Woohoo! You just need to enter this code in the promotional box and press ‘apply’ before proceeding to checkout: LSTREAT15. Go shop!
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: here are a few reminders of recent pieces from the Elias & Grace website that we’ve liked and featured… this Miller Breton; these Bensimon plimsoles; this April Showers bag; this Bonton baby dress; and these Minnetonka booties. That should get you started anyway!
1. Washed Stripe Tee (3-12 years), £7.90
2. Long Sleeved Tee (3-11 years), £7.90
3. Parka (3-11 years), £14.90 (was £29.90)
4. Slim Fit Jeans (3-12 years), £24.90
5. Shorts (9-11 years), £7.90 (were £14.90)
1. Cotton Linen Dress (3-11 years), £14.90
2. Skinny Jeans (3-12 years), £9.90 (were £14.90)
3. Chino Shorts (3-11 years), £9.90
4. Crew Neck Cardigan (3-6 years), £9.90 (was £14.90
5. Cotton Crew Neck Tee (3-12 years), £2.90 (was £5.90)
In a game of word association “Uniqlo” would normally have us shouting out “mens cashmere jumper” but on a recent search for a boys Breton t-shirt we came across a whole collection of reasonably priced basics, and a few stand-out pieces too (take a bow blue boys parka and girls printed dress). Even better, with the exception of the boys’ jeans, our favourites from the collection are all under £15!
Nicky & Sarah xx
Created in collaboration with Uniqlo
1. Bonton Baby Dress (6-24 months), £50.00
2. Boden Baby Shoes (0-18 months), £25.00
Simple navy cotton dress + cute gold baby ballet flats = totally adorable. Over and out.
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. John Lewis Embroidered Dress, £20.00-£22.00
2. Uniqlo Zip-Up Sweatshirt, £9.90 (was £14.90)
3. Next Corkbeds, £12.00-£16.00
This dress reminds us of our favourite Mango ‘mini me’ embroidered dress from last Summer (mine will be coming out for our July holiday, but I’m pretty sure Tabitha’s will be too small now… SC). We’re loving the flouro embroidery. More Ibiza than Tuscany! So to complete the ‘new rave’ feel, just add silver ‘birks’ and a hoodie. Love.
We also love this one from Next; this one from ilovegorgeous; and this one from Joules.
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: a few people have been asking us about plain boys’ sun hats. I spotted this set of two in M&S last week and got them for Marlow. I only really wanted to the denim one, but it never hurts to have a back-up right? SC
1. Bien a Bien Oslo Dress, £37.00 (was £54.00)
2. Soft Early Blouse, £36.00
3. Allo Cotton Cat Detail Fur Dress, £25.00 (was £49.00)
4. Round Avec A Alphabet Print Sweater Dress, £32.00
1. Sweven Kids’ Exposed Seam Easy T-Shirt, £14.00
2. Bien A Bien Simple V-Neck Tee, £10.00
3. Bien A Bien Slubby Harem Trousers, £38.00
4. Round Ticking Stripe Trousers, £32.00
We first discovered this gorgeous website (and one of our current favourites – even the name is super-sweet) when my lovely friend and fellow Fashion Editor, Des sent me a link to this gorgeous jumper (sadly it’s currently sold out, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed that they get more in…). We were instantly smitten. Then Nicky saw them at the Babyccino Shop Up event, and we have been obsessed ever since (we want pretty much everything on the site). They stock a tight edit of the most gorgeous brands for both girls and boys (we love both equally). Our kids are already fans too. And the prices are (surprisingly) so reasonable for such lovely, well designed pieces. These are our favourites. And the best part is, Rabbit In The Moon have kindly given Little Spree readers an exclusive 15% discount, just for today (Monday 6th). Woohoo! Just enter: SPREE15 at checkout. Happy Monday!
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Verity Jones Large Hair Clip, £5.00
2. Next Cardigan, £8.50-£9.50
3. Next Collar Dress, £11.00-£12.00
4. Pepe Desert Boots, £108.00
When was the last time you took at look at Next kids clothes? We’re guessing probably not for a while? I’ve been finding the odd gem every so often since the launch of Little Spree, but recently we have been finding quite a few… Love the colour combination of this dress and (ginger, apparently) cardigan. Certain colours always look expensive, and these two are perfect examples. And there are plenty more where these (finds) came from…
1. Gap Lace Yolk Dress, £24.95
2. Uniqlo Sweatshirt, £14.90
3. ilovegorgeous Chelsea Boots, £55.00 (were £79.00)
4. Mango Parka, £34.99
We adore these cute little red boots (and the fact that they’re on sale always helps of course!). And don’t be afraid to bust out a Summer dress in Winter (we do!) – it’s just all about clever layering (don’t forget a cosy vest – our current favourites are from Smalls). And we love a grey marl sweatshirt over a pretty dress. Just add a khaki parker and some tights, and you’re away… We also still really like this Mango army-style jacket. There are a few sizes still left in the sale if you’re quick!
Sarah & Nicky x
ps: how about this super-cute ‘love’ necklace for a ‘mini Valentine’s’? Or these (thanks Sarah for the tip-off) for the boys?
1. Gap Embroidered Dress, £19.95
2. La Coqueta Baby Cardigan, £23.40 (was £39.00)
3. Martin Pederson Girls Baby Tights, £16.00
4. Pom D’Api Brogue Desert Boots, £95.00
This is the perfect girls outfit as far as we’re concerned. We love everything about it. But the star of the show is this adorable folky dress from Gap (I’m obsessed with it – SC!). Love!!
Sarah & Nicky x
ps: we were so excited to do a high street guest post for the fabulous blog, The Frugality. Alex (fellow Red Contributing Editor) asked us for our Spring edit of Little Spree finds. Some may be familiar, some won’t… Check it out here.
pps: we will be announcing the winner of our Blue Monday Boden competition this evening. So if you haven’t already entered, you still have a few hours!!
1. Boden Dungaree Dress, £24.00-£28.00
2. Alice à Paris Ruffled Blouse, £15.00 (was £21.00)
3. Martin Pederson Tights, £16.00
4. Maneula de Juan Zipped Leather Boots, £58.32 (were £72.90)
There’s something about a pinafore dress that I always love, and a denim one feels cool, but classic at the same time. I love this one (which I recently bought for Tabitha) styled with a pretty ruffle neck blouse and little leather boots. Cute. This M&S one is a great find too (and comes already styled with a long sleeved Breton).
ps: for anyone who hasn’t already seen it on Instagram, here’s some behind the scenes pics of Tabitha modelling in the latest Mini Preen look book. Needless to say, we want the entire collection!
1. Boden Cosy Cable Throw-On, £24.50-£28.00 (was £35.00-£40.00)
2. Miller Pavo Dress, £40.00 (was £80.00)
3. M&S Machine Washable Pea Coat, £15.00-£20.00
4. Pom D’Api Trip Ankle Boots, £69.00 (were £115.00)
5. Caramel Ribbed Tights, £17.00 (were £32.00)
I’ve also got my eye on this dress from Mango; this Bonton skirt; these Little Marc mouse shoes; and these Stella McCartney hand warmers.
1. Gap Plaid Empire Dress, £19.95
2. Cos Cashmere Cardigan, £49.00
3. Emile Et Ida Zipped Boots, £87.75
4. Zara Ribbed Tights, £3.99 (were £5.99)
I love this dress on Tabitha. The perfect ‘every day’ dress. I also snapped up these Gap dresses at the same time: this embroidered one; this pintuck one (much less ‘yellow’, more ‘egg yolk gold’ in real life – looks great with burgundy ribbed tights) and this pintuck chambray one.
1. Monsoon Baby Star Dress, £20.00 (reduced from £30.00)
2. Zara Cardigan With Pocket, £15.99
3. Martin Pederson Baby Tights, £16.00
4. Zara Leather Boots, £17.99
We are loving this pretty baby girls party dress. The metallic gold polka dots, layers of tulle, handkerchief hem, butterfly sleeves… Dreamy.
1. Miller Xono Beanie (from Elias & Grace), £40.00
2. Bonton Escale Dress (from Elias & Grace), £67.00
3. Martin Pederson Gemini Tights (from Elias & Grace), £16.00
4. Mango Wooden Leather Sandals, £34.99
Who says socks and sandals are a nerdy no-go? Not us. Nothing cuter!
ps: I have been scouring the shops, searching for the (Barbie sized) Elsa doll for Tabitha for Christmas (from Santa), but no luck. I was certainly not expecting to find one on the Selfridges website. But I did, and now Elsa is winging her way to Richmond… Phew!
1. Uniqlo Urban Sweats Sweatshirt Dress, £14.90
2. Zara Bag With Tassels, £15.99
3. Mango Snow Boots, £39.99
Such a cool girl’s outfit. And we love that if you want to pull a ‘mini me’ with your daughter, you can buy yourself a version of the dress, and the Issy boots (Nicky has these from last Winter).
ps: Mango has also done a similar sweatshirt dress that we love.
1. Zara Mini Printed Dress, £19.99
2. Marks & Spencer Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00
3. Zara Mini Metallic Leather Mary Janes, £17.99
4. Martin Pederson Gemini Tights, £16.00
Vintage style foral prints, pure cashmere, knitted tights and sheepskin lined Mary Janes = the sweetest, chicest baby girl look.
1. Zara Home Kids Cashmere Pom Pom Hat (one size), £19.99
2. M&S Cotton Gingham Checked Dress & Tights Outfit (0-24 months), £16.00
3. Bonton Peho Toy Rattle, £10.00
4. Gap Navy Bow Ballet Flats (0-24 months), £7.95
What is it about gingham dresses on little girls? And are these the cutest ballet pumps you’ve ever seen??
ps: loving these silver high tops…
1. M&S Cotton Corduroy Dress (1-7 years), £20.00-£22.00 (plus 20% off at the moment)
2. Verity Jones Extra Large Antique Mauve Hair Clip, £7.00
3. Gap Metallic Ballet Flats (sizes US 5-11), £14.95
1. M&S Cotton Corduroy Dress & Tights Outfit (1-7 years), £20.00-£22.00
2. Gap Cable Knit Pom Pom Beannie (sizes xs-l), £9.95
3. Gap Biker Boots (sizes US 5-11), £22.95
I snapped this gorgeous dress up in M&S a few weeks ago when I was doing a sweep of grey school trousers, skirts and pinafore dresses. What a relief to find something so pretty! And it is so much prettier in real life – needle cord, gorgeous smocking at the neckline, and a cool smocky shape. A real Holly Hobbie style dress. And for the first time ever, I actually like the tights that come with it! They are a great colour. So at the moment Tabs is wearing hers like the first picture (we are loving those Gap Lanvin-esque pumps, and she has also worn it with these gold Mary Janes), then as Winter sets in, she will be busting out the tights, biker boots and beanie. I absolutely love this dress! And while we’re talking dresses, here are some others that I like… This one from The Little White Company; this one from Gap (they have done so much cute ones, and if you’re quick you can still get the 30% off until Monday); this one from Zara (bought for Tabs); this one from John Lewis (just add a cardi); and this one from Zara (also bought for Tabs).
ps: bought these super-cool leopard print ‘Birks’ for Tabitha yesterday. Now Marlow wants a pair, so have ordered him some too. Admittedly a bit late for a Summer sandal, but I couldn’t resist. Plus they look so cute with chunky grey socks (as modelled by Marlow yesterday when he tried Tabitha’s on)… Oh, and if you’re interested ladies, they go up to a size 40!!
1. Gap Gingham Pocket Shift Dress (12 months-5 years), £19.95
2. Mango Fringed Ankle Boots (sizes 7.5-5), £47.99
3. Mango Tassel Bead Necklace, £7.99
I recently bought this dress for Tabitha, and we both love it (hurrah!). We’ll be accessorising like this…
1. Gap Stripe Tiered Dress, £19.95
2. Noro ‘Valante’ Dress, £51.10 (was £73.00)
3. Coccon Denim Dress, £6.80 (was £17.00)
4. Bonton ‘Delta’ Dress, £45.50 (was £65.00)
5. Ralph Lauren Dress With Bloomers, £32.50 (was £65.00)
I’ve seen so many gorgeous blue Summer dresses that I wanted to share my favourites with you…