1. Petit Bateau Sailor Sweater, £40.00 2. Gap Denim Shorts, £8.97 (were £14.95)
3. Bonton Sun Hat, £28.00 4. Pom D’Api Velcro Sandals, £65.00
There are some items in Bailey’s wardrobe that I buy year after year, and in Summer these include denim shorts, a navy jumper and tan sandals. They create a sort of capsule wardrobe as they work with each other and almost everything else. On a hot day swap the jumper for a t shirt, add a hat and sunglasses (I’ve just bought Bailey these cute round tortoiseshell ones) and on cooler days wear the jumper and sandals with lightweight jeans such as these. Bailey wore both versions in one day last week!
ps: Alex and Alexa asked me all about what it means to be a mother in ‘Motherhood Explained’ for their blog. Read the feature here.
1. Easter Bunny Glasses, £4.00 2. Stella McCartney Kids Jumper With Bunny Back, £60.00 3. Gap Bunny Sleep Set, £14.95 4. Little Cloud Liberty Print Cushion, £28.00 5. Maileg Baby Boy & Girl, £26.00
1. Meri Meri Easter Cupcake Kit, £12.50 2. Easter Egg Hunt Sack, £6.00 3. Little Lulubel Bunny Ears Hats, £7.95 4. Pat The Bunny, £6.58 5. M&S Easter Egg Signs (set of six), £6.00
Easter is just around the corner, so we are sharing out favourite festive finds. This was a hard edit – there are just so many cute things around. Here are some more that we couldn’t squeeze into the pictures… The White Company dress up set; The White Company Easter garland; Meri Meri Easter garland kit; this Easter bunny bag; these personalised Easter egg bags; this Maileg set of bunny decorations (I have these from last Easter and have kept them on display all year round – they look so sweet); this Easter egg hunt bunny bag; these Easter decorations (if you follow us on Instagram, you will have seen me posting them from Petersham Nurseries last week); this personalised card (if you are an Easter card sender – I’m, but Nicky is); and this Stella McCartney jumper is a navy version of the above one, but on sale if you’re looking for a slightly less guilty purchase.
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: Pat The Bunny is celebrating its 75th anniversary (we went along to the the Bonpoint event in Harrods on Saturday). It’s the sweetest book for babies. And it’s Julia Restoin Roitfeld’s favourite book to read to her daughter, Romy. Super-chic.
We were hugely flattered to be asked by Boden to be included in their ‘Boden Diaries’ ‘The New Mother’s Day Wishlist’ feature on their blog. We were asked to choose our favourite pieces (for us and the kids) for Mother’s Day. Where to start? We tried on a LOT of clothes (um, that pile of boxes was mine!! Sarah). If you haven’t already seen the results, check it out here. This is what they wore (above), and this is what we wore (well our two favourite looks anyway):
Does anyone else have a son who is always hot?? Bailey has some gorgeous (unworn) chunky-knit jumpers in his wardrobe, but the mere mention of them usually results in a wrinkled little nose. Having bought these jeans for him a few weeks ago (Marlow also has them, in khaki) I was looking for a jumper that I liked (and Bailey would wear) when I came across this grey one from Mango (thin and in the sale!). Smiles all round. Whilst searching for the jumper I also found this great khaki coat, and you know how we love a khaki coat at Little Spree! As for the bag, we were asked so much about it when we put a picture of it on our Instagram feed last week that we thought we’d share it again.
1. Petit Bateau Wool & Cotton Sailor Sweater, £25.00 (was £50.00)
2. Miller Xeno Beanie, £16.00 (was £40.00)
3. Tootsa MacGinty Denim Stripe Jeans, from £31.00 4. Gap Canvas Hi-Top Sneakers, £17.95
We loved these Tootsa MacGinty jeans when we saw them a few weeks ago at the fantastic Dot to Dot kids exhibition (look out for our round-up later this week). You can’t really tell from this picture, but they have a a gorgeous blue ticking stripe.
1. Miller ‘Pop’Jumper, £85.00 2.. Zara Sequinned Skirt, £17.99 3. M&S ‘Best Of British’ Pure Wool Coat, £80.00 4. Gap Velvet Mary Jane Flats, £14.95
This is a great Christmas Day/party look that’s not too blingy. Cosy, cute, with just a smattering of sequins. Perfect.
It’s a different vibe altogether, but I just ordered this robin jumper for Tabs and it’s SO sweet. Christmas-y, but in an adorable old fashioned way. She will definitely be busting it out with a skinny jean (possibly even dungarees if I can bribe her!!) and a gold Mary Jane.
Whether it’s a birthday, wedding or Christmas it’s the same dilemma: how to make your little boy look dressed up but not overdressed? Oh how I’ve envied mothers of little girls at these times, but we think we’ve come up with a cool Christmas solution here. We also like this grey jumper from Next if the Batman sequins are a step too far; and these amazing boots if these hi-tops aren’t far enough.
1. Petit Bateau Wool & Cotton Sailor Sweater, £50.00 2. Petit Bateau Long Sleeved Wool & Cotton T-Shirt, £19.50 3. Mango Five Pocket Trousers, £14.99 4. Petit Bateau Striped Jersey Socks, £8.00 5. 10 IS Silver Hi Top Trainers, £48.50
Cool and cosy layering, with a pop of colour…
ps: 30% off the most expensive item in Petit Bateau when you buy three things at the moment…
1. Mango Navy Pocket Wool Blend Sweater, £16.99, Shop Now 2. Oeuf NYC Bat Beannie, £53.00, Shop Now 3. Zara Slim Fit Trousers, £12.99, Shop Now 4. Petit Bateau Unisex High Tops, £59.00, Shop Now
This low-key boys look, is just cool enough…
ps: for anyone who has tried to buy the Geox ‘William’ school shoes from yesterday’s post and were unable to use the discount code, our friends at Alex and Alexa apologise, and assure us that the problem will be resolved by tomorrow (Thursday) morning, and the code will definitely work then.
1. Mini Boden Cosy Cable Throw-On, £31.00-£36.00 (was £35.00-£40.00, SHOP NOW 2. M&S Cotton Embroidered Skater Skirt, £16.00-£20.00, SHOP NOW 3. Zara Ribbed Tights, £5.99, SHOP NOW 4. Start-Rite Gold Leather Mary Janes, £48.00 (were £60.00), SHOP NOW
We love this chunky cable knit sweater (it has the cutest pom pom on the hood, which you can’t see in this pic). And I bought this gorgeous skater skirt for Tabitha back in the Summer. Perfect with or without tights. It really reminds me of the Miller ones that I bought her last year in that amazing Elias & Grace sale.
I’m a little bit obsessed with this jumper. You can see why. Meanwhile my sister is obsessed with these trainers (she’s bought no less than 4 x pairs!! – she likes to get ahead of the pack…), and we are too. Cheap and chic.
ps: since writing this, my nephew’s trainers have arrived, and my sister said that the sizing has come up really big, so bear this in mind when ordering.
pps: Marlow’s Cos shirt that he wore to my sister’s wedding is now available online.
For Marlow it’s all about a short and a sweater combo at the moment. It’s still (just about) mild enough for a short (and what is it with little boys not feeling the cold??), but definitely too cold for a tee, so he’s living in long sleeved tees or jumpers. Making Summer last as long as possible basically! Here are some others that we’ve got our eye on at the moment.. This fisherman crew neck from Next; this one from Mini Boden (grey melange); and this one from Gap (in grey and navy).
We love a preview (despite dreaming of Summer holidays and Chloé-esque dresses…), and Boden are offering a sneak peek at their Autumn collection (for women and kids). Some things are available already, and some you can pre-order. And there are a few surprises in there too (an amazing black leather biker jacket for starters!). Exciting news indeed.