Cyrillus Smocked Tunic, £12.30
1. Cyrillus Smocked Tunic, £12.30
2. Eva & Oli Rucksack, £31.59
3. Emile Et Ida Pencil Case, £18.63
4. Jigsaw Junior Printed Leggings, £15.00-£20.00
5. Saltwater Surfer Sandals, from £40.00
Just the word ‘leggings’ is enough to make me feel a little queasy (in fact the only word guaranteed to make me feel worse is ‘jeggings’). They just sound slightly unpleasant somehow don’t they? Plus I have the added association with my Winter pregnancy ‘uniform’ of oversized mens cashmere sweater, leggings and biker boots (actually much cooler than it sounds). And we all know that all you want to do with your pregnancy uniform as soon as you’re thin enough to ditch it altogether, is to incinerate it! Needless to say I have not worn a pair of leggings since. Anyway. Fast forward to being a mama of a five year old girl. Now although they may not be my favourite item in her wardrobe, they do have their uses. Easy, comfy and cute if you get the right pair (not too tight, not too baggy and not too cropped) and style them with a pretty (long-ish) blouse/tunic top (like this one from Cyrillus). I like them with sandals in the Summer or boots in the Winter. Oh, and Tabitha loves wearing them! So I must confess, when it comes to a travel outfit for little girls, I started with the humble legging. But we think these ones look very sweet indeed.
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. M&S 2 Piece Pure Cotton Top & Leggings, £14.00
2. Zara Leather Ballerina, £22.99
Simple and super-cute. The end.
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Topshop Mini Fairisle Knitted Jumper, £18.00
2. Mini Boden Knitted Jacket, £20.80-£22.40
3. Topshop Mini Fairisle Knitted Joggers, £18.00
4. Zara Mini Leather Booties, £22.99
You don’t have to dress your baby up in as a mini Santa/Christmas pudding/reindeer to look festive. We love this cute, cosy look. We also love this fur trapper hat and matching booties.
1. Trotters Liberty Print Blouse, £44.99
2. Cos Knot Detail Hair Clip, £4.00
3. John Lewis Pointelle Cardigan, £12.00-£13.00
4. Gap Legging Jeans, £17.95
5. Start-Rite Mary-Janes, £59.00
A pretty blouse has always been my favourite starting point for dressing baby/toddler girls. I love the way they look, and they just last and last. I know this one (love this Liberty print – so pretty!) only starts at age 2-3, but with Tabitha I always used to buy them much larger, then she would wear them as dresses (with or without tights/leggings) with the sleeves rolled up to start with, then as tops later on (this was a top tip from a fellow fashion editor when I was pregnant). I literally had some that she wore for well over a year. This is one of my favourite looks that I used to dress Tabs in (and still do, minus the elasticated waist jeans and baby shoes…).
ps: I found this adorable baby floral print blouse in John Lewis the other day. So sweet.
1. M&S 2 Piece Cotton Star Jumper & Joggers Outfit, £14.00
2. Jellycat Slackajack Monkey, £14,00
3. Zara Knitted Booties, £15.99
Super-stylish baby essentials. Keep it simple.
Cocoon Baby Girl’s Tunic & Leggings Set (1 month-2 years)
How chic is this little number? Loving that lace Peter Pan collar. And the tunic-style jumper is long, so perfect for keeping out the chill. It also has buttons down the back, so super-easy to get on and off. And it’s no easy task finding a ‘look’ for £21.00 either! Love.
£21.00 BUY NOW