1. Next Fisherman Crew Neck Jumper (3-16 years), £14.00-£20.00
2. Woodstock ‘Party’Headband, £20.00
3. Gap Biker Jeans (12 months-5 years), £19.95
4. Boden Leather Mary Janes (sizes 22-39), £30.00-£35.00
Is it wrong that we want this entire ‘pretty tomboy’ look for ourselves?
1. Gap Heathered Sweater Onepiece (0-12 months), £17.95
2. Gap Marled Bear Sweater Hat (0-18 months), £9.95
3. Jellycat Chi-Chi Bunny, £10.50
4. Gap Sweater Booties (0-12 months), £9.95
What could be more stylish than a marl grey baby..?
1. Gap Gingham Pocket Shift Dress (12 months-5 years), £19.95
2. Mango Fringed Ankle Boots (sizes 7.5-5), £47.99
3. Mango Tassel Bead Necklace, £7.99
I recently bought this dress for Tabitha, and we both love it (hurrah!). We’ll be accessorising like this…
1. Crewcuts Cotton-Cashmere Raglan Sweatshirt (2-16 years), £38.00
2. Gap Striped Denim Shorts (12 months-5 years), £7.99
3. Oliver Bonas Alphabet Shopper, £15.00
For Marlow it’s all about a short and a sweater combo at the moment. It’s still (just about) mild enough for a short (and what is it with little boys not feeling the cold??), but definitely too cold for a tee, so he’s living in long sleeved tees or jumpers. Making Summer last as long as possible basically! Here are some others that we’ve got our eye on at the moment.. This fisherman crew neck from Next; this one from Mini Boden (grey melange); and this one from Gap (in grey and navy).
1. Next Playsuit Set (3 months-6 years) £14.00-£15.00
2. Boden Cardigan (0-3 years) £18.00-£20.00
3. Gap Ballet Flats (sizes US 5-11) £14.95
The perfect transeasonal outfit to take your little girl seamlessly from Summer to Autumn, and through to Winter… Just add grey or navy knitted tights (and possibly these cute boots in ‘mouse’) as the temperature drops…
1. Mango V-neck Jumpsuit, £34.99 (was £59.99)
2. Festiva Macramé Bag, £35.00
3. Kurt Geiger ‘Goodsport’ Sandals, £59.00 (were £110)
1. Mango V-neck Jumpsuit, £34.99 (was £59.99)
2. Isabel Marant Bead Tassel Earrings, £85.00 (were £170.00)
3. Scotch & Soda Batik Clutch Bag, £26.00 (was £51.95)
4. Isabel Marant Leather Sandals, £261.00 (were £435.00)
Who knew a black jumpsuit could be so wearable, flattering and not to mention, versatile? Not me. But now I own one (this exact one from Mango in fact) I am a complete convert. And it works just as well for day as for night. The one downside? There is no such thing as a quick trip to the loo! And whatever you do, do not wear one on a long haul flight (learn from my mistakes ladies!). I was seduced by it’s ‘chic and comfortable’ appeal, but in one trip managed to lose an arm (the jumpsuit’s, not mine) down a dubious-looking loo at JFK airport (nice), and frequent loo trips on the flight become pretty tedious when you have to strip down to your bra and knickers each time (with a queue of impatient fellow passengers waiting outside…). But don’t let any of that put you off, I also love this one from Scotch & Soda.
ps: this week I’m also loving this Topshop printed sarong, and this basket bag (note the addition of the shoulder strap) from Hedgehog for my (just around the corner) holiday…
pps: I’m obsessed with the Scotch & Soda batik clutch (above)!!
1. Miller Palm Shirt, £27.50 (was £55.00)
2. Gap Flat Front Denim Shorts, £14.99 (were £17.95)
3. Birkenstock Silver Rio Sandals, £36.00
I sometimes struggle with shirts for Marlow, as they have a tendency to look (and feel) a bit stiff and starchy. Not this one from one of my favourite brands, Miller. And I love it even more styled in this relaxed way with these cool khaki shorts and (girls) Birkies. Who says boys can’t wear silver sandals anyway?
1. M&S 2 Piece Cotton Gingham Blouse & Shorts Outfit, £20.00
2. M&S Cotton Cable Knit Cardigan, £9.00
3. Zara Leather Metallic Sandals, £9.99 (were £17.99)
M&S are doing some great baby pieces (and all in lovely cottons) at the moment. I love this cute little gingham outfit and cable cardigan. So chic.
ps: saw lots of gorgeous things at the Bubble London exhibition today. Very inspiring. I will be writing a special post all about my favourite ‘ones to watch’ (some you may already know, and some you probably won’t). And guess what? I also found some non-hideous boys’ school shoes (yes complete with the obligitoary velcro!). I will definitely be sharing those, so don’t buy any new school shoes until you’ve read it.
1. Next Chambray Playsuit & T-Shirt Set, £15.00-£21.00
2. H&M Straw Bag, £4.99
3. La Coqueta Napa Ballerina, £25.50 (were £34.00)
Could Next have made dressing any easier? The perfect striped Breton already layered under the cutest dungarees shorts. This a ‘mini me’ outit if ever there was one (ok, maybe not the cat bag, although I do love it…)
1. Petit Bateau Granddad T-Shirt, £13.50
2. Artful Kids ‘My First Smartphone’, £14.95
3. H&M Cotton Shorts, £5.99
4. New Papy Sandals, £48.00 (were £80.00)
Love this colour of this top with white (don’t worry – the price of the shorts reflects how laid back you can be about getting them dirty, but they do look cool though don’t they?). And you don’t get more ‘lo-fi’ than this super-cute wooden mobile phone (complete with chalk and earphone erasers)! Love it.
1. Gap Denim Top, £14.95
2. ilovegorgeous Grosgrain Hair Bow, £3.16 (was £4.50)
3. M&S Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00
4. Cyrllius Liberty Print Bloomers, £25.00
1. Junk Food Stripe Hero Tee, £14.95
2. H&M Fisherman’s Hat, £2.50
3. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
4. Gap Frayed Denim Shorts, £16.95
5. M&S Leather Buckle Sandals, £14.00-£18.00
Just to show that superhero t-shirts can be worked into a stylish outfit…
1. Alice à Paris Short Parka, £36.00
2. Gap Slub Stripe Tee, £8.95
3. Gap Flat Front Shorts, £10.99
4. Bonpoint Sandals, £85.00
Love the colours and the layers…
1. Alice à Paris Boatneck T-Shirt, £8.00
2. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
3. Mango Five Pocket Trousers, £16.99
4. Bisgaard Velcro Sandals, £33.22
I’m having (so that means Marlow too) a bit of a Bonpoint-inspred yellow moment…
ps: these fab Pom D’Api sandals that I posted last week are now on sale for £43.40. Very tempting indeed.
pps: 20% off at M&S until midnight today!!
1. Les Tricots De Margot Cashmere Cardigan, £55.00
2. Gap Toweling Sun Hat, £7.95
3. Mothercare Denim Bibshorts, £12.00
4. Zara Mini Checked Shirt, £11.99
For those days when you have no idea what the weather is doing… It’s all about layers for Tabarlow at the moment, and you can’t go far wrong with a neutral coloured cashmere cardigan for a stylish baby boy.
ps: don’t miss tomorrow’s post. It will have all the details about how to enter the Mini Boden ‘mini spree’ competition. I have personally selected 10 x pieces to give away to two lucky readers…
1. Imps & Elfs Savana Dress, £30.00
2. Hucklebones Giant Bow Headband, £14.50 (was £29.00)
3. Start-Rite Gold Mary-Janes, £59.00
I was having a bit of a snoop on the (always) gorgeous and inspiring Elias & Grace website when I found this sweet striped baby dress (above) at a really reasonable price. I have to confess, I was a little surprised. So I kept on snooping… And I unearthed a whole host of amazing bargains. So many in fact too many to include them all here) that I decided to dedicate an entire post to them. So here you go (sorry – just girls this time)…
This Miller navy (also comes in grey) dress; this putty coloured Maan dress; this Maan bow dress; this Miller printed blouse; this Chloe printed dress; this Noro cardigan; this Morley dress; this Miller blouse; this Miller dress; these Miller corduroy jeans; this Miller baby cardigan; this Simple Kids dot print dress; I bought this navy full skirt for Tabitha a while back, and she’s just grown into it and starting wearing it. I love it. I was never really a fan of skirts on her before, but these sweet styles are so versatile and pretty – they look great just with a simple tee and sandals. Oh and I also love this Miller striped brooch.
ps: I know I have already posted these cute gold Start-Rite shoes, but I wanted to show how versatile they are. They look just as great with little dresses as with jeans. Gold works in the same way as neutral colour – it goes with pretty much everything (except maybe gold…).
pps: and talking of bargains, how adorable is this floral ruffle bikini from Gap?? What is going on at Gap these days? I’m buying more in there these days than ever!! Loving this, this and these too.
1. M&S 5 x Pack Pure Cotton Assorted Bodysuits, £12.00
2. Gap Chambray Sun Hat, £9.95
3. M&S Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00
4. Cyrllius Harem Pants, £35.00
5. Mayoral Canvas Velcro Plimsoles, £20.00
1. Trotters Liberty Print Blouse, £44.99
2. Cos Knot Detail Hair Clip, £4.00
3. John Lewis Pointelle Cardigan, £12.00-£13.00
4. Gap Legging Jeans, £17.95
5. Start-Rite Mary-Janes, £59.00
A pretty blouse has always been my favourite starting point for dressing baby/toddler girls. I love the way they look, and they just last and last. I know this one (love this Liberty print – so pretty!) only starts at age 2-3, but with Tabitha I always used to buy them much larger, then she would wear them as dresses (with or without tights/leggings) with the sleeves rolled up to start with, then as tops later on (this was a top tip from a fellow fashion editor when I was pregnant). I literally had some that she wore for well over a year. This is one of my favourite looks that I used to dress Tabs in (and still do, minus the elasticated waist jeans and baby shoes…).
ps: I found this adorable baby floral print blouse in John Lewis the other day. So sweet.
Marks & Spencer Corduroy Spotted Dress & Tights Outfit (3-24 months)
If someone had shown me this dress and asked me to guess where it was from, I’m not sure even my trained eye would have guessed M&S. Totally adorable. And normally pre-styled outfits/looks make me really tense (I usually only like one piece, but hate the rest, which then puts me off buying it completely. Plus obviously being a Fashion Editor makes me a total control freak when it comes to styling outfits), but these tights are equally adorable. Would make a great present. And an amazing price! Amen to that.
£18.00 BUY NOW
Cocoon Baby Girl’s Tunic & Leggings Set (1 month-2 years)
How chic is this little number? Loving that lace Peter Pan collar. And the tunic-style jumper is long, so perfect for keeping out the chill. It also has buttons down the back, so super-easy to get on and off. And it’s no easy task finding a ‘look’ for £21.00 either! Love.
£21.00 BUY NOW