CharlieAndGus Harem Pants, £16.75
1. Mango Mao Collar Shirt (3-14 years), £14.99
2. Mango Cardigan (3-14 years), £14.99
3. CharlieAndGus Harem Pants (0-4 years), £16.75
4. Sun San ‘Surfer’ Sandals (sizes 22-36), £38.00
Question: what’s warmer than denim cut-offs, but cooler than jeans?
Answer: a harem pant!
These grey ones are very similar to a pair I bought Bailey last year. I love the fact that they can be worn all year round (in Winter Bailey wore his with hi-tops, a sweatshirt and beanie hat, and this is how he’s wearing them now). Not only that but they are soft and comfortable (so no complaining) and they have survived tree climbing, football, long haul flights, camping, and all the ‘playing’ that’s been thrown at them. I think I’ve just talked myself into buying another pair…
Next Chambray Sundress, £10.00-£18.00
1. Louis Loiuse Bow Brooch, £9.00
2. Petit Bateau Plain Cardigan (3-12 years), £36.00
3. Next Chambray Sundress (3-16 years), £10.00-£18.00
4. Maa Helena Sandals (sizes 24-37), £75.00
Another day, another Next purchase for Tabitha. This dress has been waiting in the wings for quite a few weeks now – we’ve just been waiting for the right moment to share it. We love the combination of simplicity and prettiness. The simplicity means it’s easy to style up, and the prettiness means you don’t have to. Anyway, as well as featuring it in today’s post, we have also included it in our very first feature for the fabulous Smallish magazine. Yep, that’s right, we’re branching out as ‘Contributing Editors’ – Little Spree meets Smallish. If you love Little Spree, specifically Mama Spree, you are going to love this! Every month we will be sharing our favourite finds (think hi-low and anything in between…). This month we kick off with ‘Summer Denim’, and as well as what we’re coveting for us, we’ve also included a few ‘mini me’ denim pieces. Including this very dress. We are really excited, so please take a look and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear your thoughts. And if you haven’t looked at Smallish before, you really should – it’s a great read! Happy (bank holiday) Monday!
Sarah & Nicky xx
Next Print Romper, £10.00-£11.00
1. Next Geo Print Romper (3 months-6 years), £10.00-£11.00
2. Bene Bene Waffle Cardigan (3-6 years), £36.00
3. Mango Studded Leather Sandals (sizes 12.5-5), £34.99
I spotted this romper when I was in Next actually buying some other great pieces (some of which we have already posted, some of which we are still to share, but watch this space – we are having a bit of an unexpected crush on the Next kids’ department at the moment…). It’s just spot-on in every way. Plus It’s SO much cuter in real life. It’s got that gorgeous ‘Ali Baba’ shape (cocoon shaped trousers that you rarely see in high street kids’ clothes) and the print is a super-chic mix of a graphic and hippie Ikat-style print. Tabitha loves hers and wants to wear it ALL the time (which is fine by me – good to give that Elsa dress a day off occasionally). My favourite way to style it is with nothing under (weather prevailing) and just simple sandals, but it also looks great with a long sleeved Breton tee layered under. Love!
ps: I have posted a few pics of Tabitha in her romper on Instagram, so take a look…
Petit Bateau Sailor Jumper, £40.00
1. Petit Bateau Sailor Sweater, £40.00
2. Gap Denim Shorts, £8.97 (were £14.95)
3. Bonton Sun Hat, £28.00
4. Pom D’Api Velcro Sandals, £65.00
There are some items in Bailey’s wardrobe that I buy year after year, and in Summer these include denim shorts, a navy jumper and tan sandals. They create a sort of capsule wardrobe as they work with each other and almost everything else. On a hot day swap the jumper for a t shirt, add a hat and sunglasses (I’ve just bought Bailey these cute round tortoiseshell ones) and on cooler days wear the jumper and sandals with lightweight jeans such as these. Bailey wore both versions in one day last week!
ps: Alex and Alexa asked me all about what it means to be a mother in ‘Motherhood Explained’ for their blog. Read the feature here.
1. Louis Louise Bikini from Elias & Grace (4-10 years), £28.00
2. Rose In April Basket Bag, £23.49
3. Next Corkbeds (sizes 26.5-41), £12.00-£16.00
I am totally obsessed with this Louis Louise bikini (and pretty much everything else in the collection). The colour, the style, the oh-so-pretty ruffles… Tabitha will definitely be sporting it on the beach in Tuscany this Summer, and now’s the time to start stockpiling those holiday pieces. As you know, we LOVE a basket at Little Spree, and this is such a cute one. Rose in April do other (equally adorable) designs too… I had to go for this one, as Tabitha is as obsessed with the Pharell song ‘Happy’ (show me a five year old who isn’t?) as I am with the bikini! And here comes the super-exciting bit…
Our lovely friends at Elias & Grace (one of our all-time favourite websites for the most stylish kids clothes and accessories, including this bikini!) are having one of there fabulous ‘Treat Weeks’ next week. They are offering 20% off everything for one week only. But the really exciting bit is that they are giving Little Spree readers an exclusive preview (aka: first dibs!). You can shop from Sunday (9th May) at 00.01 until 00.01 on Tuesday (19th May) , i.e. you can shop with the Little Spree discount all day Sunday before anyone else can. Woohoo! You just need to enter this code in the promotional box and press ‘apply’ before proceeding to checkout: LSTREAT15. Go shop!
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: here are a few reminders of recent pieces from the Elias & Grace website that we’ve liked and featured… this Miller Breton; these Bensimon plimsoles; this April Showers bag; this Bonton baby dress; and these Minnetonka booties. That should get you started anyway!
1. Next Panel Blouse (3-16 years), £13.00-£18.00
2. April Showers Straw Bag, £36.00
3. Mango Denim Shorts (3-14 years), £9.99
4. Mango Fur Leather Sandals, £29.99
I came across this pretty top when I was doing a quick ‘new in’ scan on the Next website. When I found it I literally did a double-take. Then I ‘zoomed in’. Just to be sure. Yep, confirmation: it was a find and a half! And I love the brown for a change. I had ordered one for Tabitha seconds later (plus one in white – how could I resist??). It really is so like an Isabel Marant Étoile one (and one that is in stores right now!) I am contemplating the age 16 for myself… In fact, I’m contemplating this whole outfit.
1. Next Trousers With Braces (3 months-6 years), £12.00-£13.00
2. Louis Louse Crepe Kurta Shirt (6-18 months), £31.73
3. Saltwater Seawee Sandals (sizes UK 1-3 toddler), £35.00
We are a little bit obsessed with this label, Louis Louise at the moment. This shirt really reminds me of an Isabel Marant one I bought a couple of Summers ago (and still going strong) – faded blue and white stripes, cheesecloth fabric, Grandad style collar… This is really just a scaled down version. We saw it when we visited the gorgeous Elias & Grace Primrose Hill store last Friday, so can confirm it’s every bit as cute in person too. And we’re also getting a little obsessed with how many great things we keep finding in Next Kids. Not necessarily one of our favourite high street pit-stops, but fast becoming one (I did a bit of a ‘smash and grab’ in the Westfield store the other day – will share in another post). Marlow also now has these chambray ‘birks’ as well as Bailey and they are so great. And just £11.00!
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. John Lewis Embroidered Dress, £20.00-£22.00
2. Uniqlo Zip-Up Sweatshirt, £9.90 (was £14.90)
3. Next Corkbeds, £12.00-£16.00
This dress reminds us of our favourite Mango ‘mini me’ embroidered dress from last Summer (mine will be coming out for our July holiday, but I’m pretty sure Tabitha’s will be too small now… SC). We’re loving the flouro embroidery. More Ibiza than Tuscany! So to complete the ‘new rave’ feel, just add silver ‘birks’ and a hoodie. Love.
We also love this one from Next; this one from ilovegorgeous; and this one from Joules.
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: a few people have been asking us about plain boys’ sun hats. I spotted this set of two in M&S last week and got them for Marlow. I only really wanted to the denim one, but it never hurts to have a back-up right? SC
1. Mango Henley T-Shirt, £3.99 (was £6.99)
2. Tegu 6 Piece Pocket Pouch, £15.99
3. Gap Lived-In Khakis, £16.95
4. Next Corkbed Sandals, £11.00-£13.00
I recently saw an outfit that Marlow had put together, all by himself, which mixed blue and tobacco colours. It was such a cute colour combination that I thought I should share it; thank you for the inspiration Marlow! Master Clark finished his ensemble off with a pair of sandals similar to the ones here. I know when Bailey sees them he will want some just like Marlow, so watch out for more matching shoe pictures. Oh, and I’m reliably informed that the Tegu blocks (suggested by a lovely Little Spree reader) are the toy of choice in the Clark-Lloyd household which is high praise indeed!
1. Pom D’Api Velcro Strap Sandals, £38.40 (were £48.00)
2. Pom D’Api Rose Gold Sandals, £49.60 (were £62.00)
3. Pom D’Api Leopard Print Sandals, £48.00 (were £60.00)
4. Pom D’Api Bronze Glitter Sandals, £44.00 (were £55.00)
5. Pom D’Api Strap Sandals, £41.60 (were £52.00)
6. Molo Animal Print Sandals, £32.00 (were £40.00)
Alex and Alexa still have 20% off a huge selection of shoes. This is our edit for girls. Definitely more of a ‘buy now stash for later’ situation (I’m currently looking out of my window at sheeting rain as I write this…), but we love a bit of delayed gratification shopping sometimes.
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Miller Xono Beanie (from Elias & Grace), £40.00
2. Bonton Escale Dress (from Elias & Grace), £67.00
3. Martin Pederson Gemini Tights (from Elias & Grace), £16.00
4. Mango Wooden Leather Sandals, £34.99
Who says socks and sandals are a nerdy no-go? Not us. Nothing cuter!
ps: I have been scouring the shops, searching for the (Barbie sized) Elsa doll for Tabitha for Christmas (from Santa), but no luck. I was certainly not expecting to find one on the Selfridges website. But I did, and now Elsa is winging her way to Richmond… Phew!
1. M&S Cotton Corduroy Dress (1-7 years), £20.00-£22.00 (plus 20% off at the moment)
2. Verity Jones Extra Large Antique Mauve Hair Clip, £7.00
3. Gap Metallic Ballet Flats (sizes US 5-11), £14.95
1. M&S Cotton Corduroy Dress & Tights Outfit (1-7 years), £20.00-£22.00
2. Gap Cable Knit Pom Pom Beannie (sizes xs-l), £9.95
3. Gap Biker Boots (sizes US 5-11), £22.95
I snapped this gorgeous dress up in M&S a few weeks ago when I was doing a sweep of grey school trousers, skirts and pinafore dresses. What a relief to find something so pretty! And it is so much prettier in real life – needle cord, gorgeous smocking at the neckline, and a cool smocky shape. A real Holly Hobbie style dress. And for the first time ever, I actually like the tights that come with it! They are a great colour. So at the moment Tabs is wearing hers like the first picture (we are loving those Gap Lanvin-esque pumps, and she has also worn it with these gold Mary Janes), then as Winter sets in, she will be busting out the tights, biker boots and beanie. I absolutely love this dress! And while we’re talking dresses, here are some others that I like… This one from The Little White Company; this one from Gap (they have done so much cute ones, and if you’re quick you can still get the 30% off until Monday); this one from Zara (bought for Tabs); this one from John Lewis (just add a cardi); and this one from Zara (also bought for Tabs).
ps: bought these super-cool leopard print ‘Birks’ for Tabitha yesterday. Now Marlow wants a pair, so have ordered him some too. Admittedly a bit late for a Summer sandal, but I couldn’t resist. Plus they look so cute with chunky grey socks (as modelled by Marlow yesterday when he tried Tabitha’s on)… Oh, and if you’re interested ladies, they go up to a size 40!!
1. Miller Palm Shirt, £27.50 (was £55.00)
2. Gap Flat Front Denim Shorts, £14.99 (were £17.95)
3. Birkenstock Silver Rio Sandals, £36.00
I sometimes struggle with shirts for Marlow, as they have a tendency to look (and feel) a bit stiff and starchy. Not this one from one of my favourite brands, Miller. And I love it even more styled in this relaxed way with these cool khaki shorts and (girls) Birkies. Who says boys can’t wear silver sandals anyway?
1. M&S 2 Piece Cotton Gingham Blouse & Shorts Outfit, £20.00
2. M&S Cotton Cable Knit Cardigan, £9.00
3. Zara Leather Metallic Sandals, £9.99 (were £17.99)
M&S are doing some great baby pieces (and all in lovely cottons) at the moment. I love this cute little gingham outfit and cable cardigan. So chic.
ps: saw lots of gorgeous things at the Bubble London exhibition today. Very inspiring. I will be writing a special post all about my favourite ‘ones to watch’ (some you may already know, and some you probably won’t). And guess what? I also found some non-hideous boys’ school shoes (yes complete with the obligitoary velcro!). I will definitely be sharing those, so don’t buy any new school shoes until you’ve read it.
1. Maan ‘Coppola’ Dress, £23.60 (was £59.00)
2. H&M Leopard Print Sunglasses, £2.99
3. Mango Cork Neon Sandals, £16.99 (reduced from £29.99)
If you’re quick you can snap up this super-cool girl’s look in the sales…
1. Cyrllius Liberty Print Blouse, £35.00 (was £44.00)
2. Hedgehog Woven Basket, £15.00
3. Joules Striped Shorts, £24.95
4. Cyrillus Gladiator Sandals, £65.00
1. Junk Food Stripe Hero Tee, £14.95
2. H&M Fisherman’s Hat, £2.50
3. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
4. Gap Frayed Denim Shorts, £16.95
5. M&S Leather Buckle Sandals, £14.00-£18.00
Just to show that superhero t-shirts can be worked into a stylish outfit…
1. Alice à Paris Short Parka, £36.00
2. Gap Slub Stripe Tee, £8.95
3. Gap Flat Front Shorts, £10.99
4. Bonpoint Sandals, £85.00
Love the colours and the layers…
1. Alice à Paris Boatneck T-Shirt, £8.00
2. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
3. Mango Five Pocket Trousers, £16.99
4. Bisgaard Velcro Sandals, £33.22
I’m having (so that means Marlow too) a bit of a Bonpoint-inspred yellow moment…
ps: these fab Pom D’Api sandals that I posted last week are now on sale for £43.40. Very tempting indeed.
pps: 20% off at M&S until midnight today!!
1. Mango Lace Trim Blouse, £16.99
2. Woodstock Bow Hair Clip (set of two), £12.00
3. Mango Embossed Cardigan, £16.99
4. Gap Skinny Jeans, £17.95
5. Gap Crisscross Sandals, £12.95
Here’s a cute girl’s outfit for a slightly, grey dreary Monday… This is definitely a ‘Tabitha look’ (and she already has two of these five things). I love these colours! I would call this ‘pretty tomboy’.