1. John Lewis Embroidered Dress, £20.00-£22.00
2. Uniqlo Zip-Up Sweatshirt, £9.90 (was £14.90)
3. Next Corkbeds, £12.00-£16.00
This dress reminds us of our favourite Mango ‘mini me’ embroidered dress from last Summer (mine will be coming out for our July holiday, but I’m pretty sure Tabitha’s will be too small now… SC). We’re loving the flouro embroidery. More Ibiza than Tuscany! So to complete the ‘new rave’ feel, just add silver ‘birks’ and a hoodie. Love.
We also love this one from Next; this one from ilovegorgeous; and this one from Joules.
Sarah & Nicky xx
ps: a few people have been asking us about plain boys’ sun hats. I spotted this set of two in M&S last week and got them for Marlow. I only really wanted to the denim one, but it never hurts to have a back-up right? SC
1. Mango Henley T-Shirt, £3.99 (was £6.99)
2. Tegu 6 Piece Pocket Pouch, £15.99
3. Gap Lived-In Khakis, £16.95
4. Next Corkbed Sandals, £11.00-£13.00
I recently saw an outfit that Marlow had put together, all by himself, which mixed blue and tobacco colours. It was such a cute colour combination that I thought I should share it; thank you for the inspiration Marlow! Master Clark finished his ensemble off with a pair of sandals similar to the ones here. I know when Bailey sees them he will want some just like Marlow, so watch out for more matching shoe pictures. Oh, and I’m reliably informed that the Tegu blocks (suggested by a lovely Little Spree reader) are the toy of choice in the Clark-Lloyd household which is high praise indeed!
1. Pom D’Api Velcro Strap Sandals, £38.40 (were £48.00)
2. Pom D’Api Rose Gold Sandals, £49.60 (were £62.00)
3. Pom D’Api Leopard Print Sandals, £48.00 (were £60.00)
4. Pom D’Api Bronze Glitter Sandals, £44.00 (were £55.00)
5. Pom D’Api Strap Sandals, £41.60 (were £52.00)
6. Molo Animal Print Sandals, £32.00 (were £40.00)
Alex and Alexa still have 20% off a huge selection of shoes. This is our edit for girls. Definitely more of a ‘buy now stash for later’ situation (I’m currently looking out of my window at sheeting rain as I write this…), but we love a bit of delayed gratification shopping sometimes.
Sarah & Nicky xx
1. Miller Xono Beanie (from Elias & Grace), £40.00
2. Bonton Escale Dress (from Elias & Grace), £67.00
3. Martin Pederson Gemini Tights (from Elias & Grace), £16.00
4. Mango Wooden Leather Sandals, £34.99
Who says socks and sandals are a nerdy no-go? Not us. Nothing cuter!
ps: I have been scouring the shops, searching for the (Barbie sized) Elsa doll for Tabitha for Christmas (from Santa), but no luck. I was certainly not expecting to find one on the Selfridges website. But I did, and now Elsa is winging her way to Richmond… Phew!
1. M&S Cotton Corduroy Dress (1-7 years), £20.00-£22.00 (plus 20% off at the moment)
2. Verity Jones Extra Large Antique Mauve Hair Clip, £7.00
3. Gap Metallic Ballet Flats (sizes US 5-11), £14.95
1. M&S Cotton Corduroy Dress & Tights Outfit (1-7 years), £20.00-£22.00
2. Gap Cable Knit Pom Pom Beannie (sizes xs-l), £9.95
3. Gap Biker Boots (sizes US 5-11), £22.95
I snapped this gorgeous dress up in M&S a few weeks ago when I was doing a sweep of grey school trousers, skirts and pinafore dresses. What a relief to find something so pretty! And it is so much prettier in real life – needle cord, gorgeous smocking at the neckline, and a cool smocky shape. A real Holly Hobbie style dress. And for the first time ever, I actually like the tights that come with it! They are a great colour. So at the moment Tabs is wearing hers like the first picture (we are loving those Gap Lanvin-esque pumps, and she has also worn it with these gold Mary Janes), then as Winter sets in, she will be busting out the tights, biker boots and beanie. I absolutely love this dress! And while we’re talking dresses, here are some others that I like… This one from The Little White Company; this one from Gap (they have done so much cute ones, and if you’re quick you can still get the 30% off until Monday); this one from Zara (bought for Tabs); this one from John Lewis (just add a cardi); and this one from Zara (also bought for Tabs).
ps: bought these super-cool leopard print ‘Birks’ for Tabitha yesterday. Now Marlow wants a pair, so have ordered him some too. Admittedly a bit late for a Summer sandal, but I couldn’t resist. Plus they look so cute with chunky grey socks (as modelled by Marlow yesterday when he tried Tabitha’s on)… Oh, and if you’re interested ladies, they go up to a size 40!!
1. Miller Palm Shirt, £27.50 (was £55.00)
2. Gap Flat Front Denim Shorts, £14.99 (were £17.95)
3. Birkenstock Silver Rio Sandals, £36.00
I sometimes struggle with shirts for Marlow, as they have a tendency to look (and feel) a bit stiff and starchy. Not this one from one of my favourite brands, Miller. And I love it even more styled in this relaxed way with these cool khaki shorts and (girls) Birkies. Who says boys can’t wear silver sandals anyway?
1. M&S 2 Piece Cotton Gingham Blouse & Shorts Outfit, £20.00
2. M&S Cotton Cable Knit Cardigan, £9.00
3. Zara Leather Metallic Sandals, £9.99 (were £17.99)
M&S are doing some great baby pieces (and all in lovely cottons) at the moment. I love this cute little gingham outfit and cable cardigan. So chic.
ps: saw lots of gorgeous things at the Bubble London exhibition today. Very inspiring. I will be writing a special post all about my favourite ‘ones to watch’ (some you may already know, and some you probably won’t). And guess what? I also found some non-hideous boys’ school shoes (yes complete with the obligitoary velcro!). I will definitely be sharing those, so don’t buy any new school shoes until you’ve read it.
1. Maan ‘Coppola’ Dress, £23.60 (was £59.00)
2. H&M Leopard Print Sunglasses, £2.99
3. Mango Cork Neon Sandals, £16.99 (reduced from £29.99)
If you’re quick you can snap up this super-cool girl’s look in the sales…
1. Cyrllius Liberty Print Blouse, £35.00 (was £44.00)
2. Hedgehog Woven Basket, £15.00
3. Joules Striped Shorts, £24.95
4. Cyrillus Gladiator Sandals, £65.00
1. Junk Food Stripe Hero Tee, £14.95
2. H&M Fisherman’s Hat, £2.50
3. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
4. Gap Frayed Denim Shorts, £16.95
5. M&S Leather Buckle Sandals, £14.00-£18.00
Just to show that superhero t-shirts can be worked into a stylish outfit…
1. Alice à Paris Short Parka, £36.00
2. Gap Slub Stripe Tee, £8.95
3. Gap Flat Front Shorts, £10.99
4. Bonpoint Sandals, £85.00
Love the colours and the layers…
1. Alice à Paris Boatneck T-Shirt, £8.00
2. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
3. Mango Five Pocket Trousers, £16.99
4. Bisgaard Velcro Sandals, £33.22
I’m having (so that means Marlow too) a bit of a Bonpoint-inspred yellow moment…
ps: these fab Pom D’Api sandals that I posted last week are now on sale for £43.40. Very tempting indeed.
pps: 20% off at M&S until midnight today!!
1. Mango Lace Trim Blouse, £16.99
2. Woodstock Bow Hair Clip (set of two), £12.00
3. Mango Embossed Cardigan, £16.99
4. Gap Skinny Jeans, £17.95
5. Gap Crisscross Sandals, £12.95
Here’s a cute girl’s outfit for a slightly, grey dreary Monday… This is definitely a ‘Tabitha look’ (and she already has two of these five things). I love these colours! I would call this ‘pretty tomboy’.
Pom D’Api Walk Sandal (sizes 21-28)
£62.00 SHOP NOW
I am obsessed with these sandals! I have only just discovered them, but they are hot on the heels (sorry – no pun actually intended) of my favourite Sun San sandals… They also come in brown. I love that they have a classic, traditional feel, but are also cool (much like the Sun Sans). I know they’re aren’t cheap, but I don’t think that’s a ridiculous price for a pair of really well made, cool sandals that will last until Autumn – and Pom D-Api as you know is one of my all-time favourite brands for boys’ shoes. I have been scouring the internet and the High Street for other sandals, but I have to say, it’s been slim pickings. This is my edit of the best ones out there…
Grey Zara; denim blue Petit Bateau; navy Zara (I just bought these for Marlow, as he loves Tabitha’s neon pink ones, and he can do the straps himself, which he loves); navy M&S; tan Pom D’Api (girls, but good for boys too); brown John Lewis; navy Bisgaard; navy F&F; and I love the colour of these olive Birkenstocks.
ps: don’t forget – tomorrow is the day when I will give you all the details of how to enter the ‘win a mini boden spree’ competition. Right here. You definitely don’t want to miss it!
1. Gap Floppy Straw Hat, £9.95
2. The Little White Company Hooded Towel, £20.00
3. Ilovegorgeous Floral Print Bikini, £45.00
4. Mango Glitter Strap Sandals, £24.99
ps: look out for the Little Spree/Mini Boden competition next week. So many gorgeous things to win!
1. Mothercare Spotted Sunhat, £5.00
2. Cyrillus Breton Top, £17.00
3. Next Floral Romper, £9.00-£10.00
4. Verity Jones Hair Clip, £3.00
5. Zara Leather Fringed Sandals, £22.99
This baby girl’s outfit has all my favourite elements – a Liberty-esque floral print (rompers are one of my all-time favourite things to dress a baby girl in – and this one can be layered with the long sleeved tee depending on the temperature), a Breton stripe, a gorgeous bow, a cute sunhat (in a clashing print, but in the same colour palette, so not too clashy) and a cool sandal (these remind me of larger pair from Christian Louboutin that I’ve got my eye on…).
ps: this gorgeous printed tea dress (my favourite print is the ‘washed bluebell poppy field’) and matching knickers from Mini Boden is currently 30% off.
1. Mango Leather, £29.99 SHOP NOW
2. John Lewis Glitter, £17.00-£18.00 SHOP NOW
3. Mango Glitter Velcro, £24.99 SHOP NOW
4. John Lewis Metallic, £20.00-£23.00 SHOP NOW
Here are my favourite girls’ Summer sandals. And these ones all made it to my (not so) short-list too… La Redoute sparkly snake print, Gap metallic cork (silver); Pom D’Api silver bows; Stella McCartney neon orange cork wedges; Zara silver; M&S cutout stars; Boden metallic gladiator (gold); John Lewis navy tassel; and Accessorize strappy bows (love!). And for baby girls, they don’t get much cuter than these Mothercare striped bow pair.
Zara Double Breasted Coat (3-14 years)
£35.99 SHOP NOW
I have just bought this for Tabitha, and have concluded that it’s the perfect Summer coat. After seeing the fabulous Joseph one (as mentioned in Mama Spree on Friday), it inspired me to find a scaled-down version for Tabs. A Summer coat does sound like a bit of an oxymoron, but anyone reading this from the UK will testify that one is essential (it’s a brave person who dares to venture out without some kind of coat, even in the height of Summer, as you just never know…). As the weather has been getting milder (then colder again, them milder again…) I have been relying on the twins’ trusty M&S yellow rain macs, but they don’t always seem/look quite right somehow (unless it’s actually raining obviously)… This one is a gorgeous grey-blue; it’s cotton, so lovely and lightweight; slightly quilted; and has a pretty floral lining (which looks great with the cuffs turned back, plus meant it passed the Tabitha ‘it’s just pretty enough’ test). I think Tabs will mostly be wearing hers cool and casual with jeans and trousers.
ps: on a separate trip to Zara (yes, I have weeks when I never set foot in that store, then others when I’m in there virtually every day – I think it’s clear what kind of week last week was) I also picked up these crocheted shorts for Tabs. Love them. They will ‘prettify’ any simple, easy-to-chuck-on tees/Bretons for an everyday go-to Summer/holiday look. And she chose these sandals herself (she loved them because they’re pink, pink, pink, I love them because they are neon pink which gives them a much cooler edge than a regular pink, and it’s a win-win because Tabs can’t tell the difference). They will look best worn with more girly things I think (she put them with her Mango ‘mini me’ embroidered dress this afternoon and they looked great). I also bought her these striped shorts, which I will pair with pretty blouses and smocks.
Birkenstock ‘Roma’ Kids Sandals (sizes 6 infant-12 youth)
£36.99 SHOP NOW
Now we all know that the trusty two strap Birkenstock is having a bit of a ‘moment’ (in fact I used white ones in my latest ‘New Wave’ shoot for Red which has just come out in the July issue), so who are we to deprive our kids of a cool (and lest we forget, super-comfortable) footwear revival. I have actually always liked these for boys, but I particularly like this navy pair. They would look great with this Mango tee and these Mini A Ture striped shorts. I really ove the white version for girls too.
ps: bought this set of two t-shirts for Marlow on Sat from H&M. I really only wanted the charcoal grey one, but actually I really like the striped one too now. And such a great price!
Mini Boden Roll-Up Trousers (0-3 years)
£18.00-£20.00 SHOP NOW
These cute baby trousers have a bit of a pirate feel about them, which I love. They will look great turned up. So easy and comfy to wear. Just add a cosy neutral coloured sweater like this one from Cyrillus or this one from Susie and Toto, then switch up for a grey marl tee in the Summer. I’m also liking these navy M&S sandals, which would work well with this look.
ps: don’t forget it’s Mama Spree Friday tomorrow. And it’s all about how to be chic, cool and comfortable when you’re pregnant (and yes it is possible!).