I am sort of in love with the whole idea of this tutu. It is just beyond gorgoeus. Kind of like a modern day Princess style tutu. This tutu is not just beautiful, it’s cool too. And how often can you say that?
1. M&S Pure Silk Unisex Smocked Christening Dress, £60.00 2. M&S Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00 3. Olivier Baby & Kids Pure Cashmere Baby Bonnet, £28.00 4. The Little Shoemaker Mary Janes, £69.99
For a chic christening outfit, you needn’t spend a fortune. The high street has a few fantastic options. Then just add some gorgeous cashmere and cute accessories. The Little Shoemaker is another of our recent discoveries. The most adorable hand-made baby and kids shoes (all made by just one man in Brighton). You’ll definitely be seeing more of them on Little Spree. We also love this christening gown (as worn by Tabitha and Marlow in 2010, then loaned to their cousins Evie and Arthur); this romper; this cashmere cardigan; these booties; this hat; and these baby shoes.
1. Miller ‘Pop’Jumper, £85.00 2.. Zara Sequinned Skirt, £17.99 3. M&S ‘Best Of British’ Pure Wool Coat, £80.00 4. Gap Velvet Mary Jane Flats, £14.95
This is a great Christmas Day/party look that’s not too blingy. Cosy, cute, with just a smattering of sequins. Perfect.
It’s a different vibe altogether, but I just ordered this robin jumper for Tabs and it’s SO sweet. Christmas-y, but in an adorable old fashioned way. She will definitely be busting it out with a skinny jean (possibly even dungarees if I can bribe her!!) and a gold Mary Jane.
Whether it’s a birthday, wedding or Christmas it’s the same dilemma: how to make your little boy look dressed up but not overdressed? Oh how I’ve envied mothers of little girls at these times, but we think we’ve come up with a cool Christmas solution here. We also like this grey jumper from Next if the Batman sequins are a step too far; and these amazing boots if these hi-tops aren’t far enough.
1. Caramel ‘Nikau’ Baby Romper, £72.00 2. Les Tricots De Margot Cashmere Bonnet, £34.00 3. John Lewis Pack of 2 Tights, £6.00 4. Gap Velvet Mary Janes, £8.95
Caramel is probably one of my favourite children’s labels – the colours, the shapes, the knits, the beautiful sprig prints… You could literally shop on their website blindfolded and still come away with the most stylish outfit ever. My bank balance however… not so keen. You can do some serious damage in less than a minute without even trying. So for me Caramel is a one-off; a treat; something for a (very) special occasion; or somewhere I might shop during sale time. A bit like Bonpoint I suppose. Which doesn’t mean I love it any less. In fact, it probably just makes me want and love it even more… But a couple of weeks ago I had an interesting conversation with someone who had a slightly different slant to shopping at Caramel. Her and her friends (all with little ones) buy a few pieces from Caramel each season (for newborns and up), then pass them all on to each other. But not just as casual hand-me-downs in a Waitrose carrier bag; as actual gifts for newborns and birthdays – washed, ironed and beautifully wrapped in tissue and ribbon. As good as new. So their little ones wear them, their mamas love them in them, they are carefully cared for (well you would when a romper sets you back £72.00 wouldn’t you??), then passed on, then the whole process is repeated. Everyone is happy. And it works because the quality is great, so the pieces really last and last. I suppose it’s simply the polar opposite of today’s ‘throw away fashion’ (a concept that I personally loathe). The chicest form of recycling. I just love this idea. And who wouldn’t want a gorgeous Caramel cardigan/romper/pair of bloomers for their little one, even second-hand?
1. Kate Spade Gap Kids Colourblock Tote, £29.95 2. Kate Spade Gap Kids Coloublock Tote (Large), £59.95
1. Jack Spade Gap Kids Contrast Cardigan, £29.95 2. Jack Spade Gap Kids Wool Jacket, £69.95 3. Jack Spade Gap Kids Selvedge Straight Jeans, £27.95 4. Jack Spade Gap Kids Google Eyes Hi-Tops, £29.95
Nicky and I (with Tabarlow and Bailey in tow – it was during half term) went to the press breakfast for the launch of the new Kate and Jack Spade collaboration for Gap Kids. Whimsical, playful, kooky and colourful. We saw, we liked, we shopped. In fact, we actually preferred the boys collection (which is unusual because generally boys’ clothes are so much harder to find). Nicky bought these super-cool hi-tops for Bailey, and he/she absolutely loves them. They are so cool. And how sweet are these ‘mini me’ totes? Here are some other bits and pieces that we liked… these gift bow ballet flats (Tabs was obsessed with them!); this pom pom hat; this glitter satchel; and ok, so this is more of a Mama Spree purchase, but we love this iPhone cover too.
Available (for a limited period only) in stores and online now. www.gap.co.uk
1. Pom D-Api Rose Pink Leather Boots (sizes 19-30), £54.00 (were £68.00) SHOP NOW 2. Start-Rite Gold Leather Mary-Janes (sizes 20-26), £48.00 (were £60.00) SHOP NOW
1. 10 IS High Top Trainers (sizes 24-38), £56.50 (were £71.00) SHOP NOW 2. 10 IS Girls Leather Trainer (sizes 24-34), £56.00 (were £70.00) SHOP NOW
Alex and Alexa currently has 20% off online, then you get an extra 15% on top with the code: SHOE15 until midnight on Thursday. Woohoo! These are our four favourites styles, and we also love these Pom D’Api feather fur girls boots (Nicky saw them in person last week and said they were adorable); these Start-Rite lilac Mary Janes; these Minetonka fringed ankle boots; these Start-Rite white T-bars; these Hunter unisex silver wellies; these Hunter navy ‘first’ wellies; and our favourite boys’ school shoes the Geox ‘William’ (a great time to buy the next size up). They also have a great selection of Pom D’Api girls sandals. Buy now. stash for next Summer…
1. Mini Boden Cosy Cable Throw-On, £31.00-£36.00 (was £35.00-£40.00, SHOP NOW 2. M&S Cotton Embroidered Skater Skirt, £16.00-£20.00, SHOP NOW 3. Zara Ribbed Tights, £5.99, SHOP NOW 4. Start-Rite Gold Leather Mary Janes, £48.00 (were £60.00), SHOP NOW
We love this chunky cable knit sweater (it has the cutest pom pom on the hood, which you can’t see in this pic). And I bought this gorgeous skater skirt for Tabitha back in the Summer. Perfect with or without tights. It really reminds me of the Miller ones that I bought her last year in that amazing Elias & Grace sale.
M&S Metallic Effect Jazz Shoes (10 small-6 large)£16.00-£20.00 I was tipped off about these by super-talented interiors stylist, Twig Hutchinson when were on a shoot together recently in Ibiza. I had seen the gold glitter ones, but not these. Love the understated metallic with the pretty grosgrain ribbon laces… Loving these rose-gold Mary Janes too…