As well as filling the gaps in their Summer wardrobe, Summer sales are also an opportunity to make a (cheap chic) start on the season ahead. For now we love these khaki green shorts and navy sandals for their classic versatility,and we’re making a start on our boys Autumn wish-lists with this Louis Louise navy jumper and these long sleeve t-shirts. Well we say Autumn, but actually long sleeve t-shirts (along with rain macs and wellies) seem to be essential Summer-wear so far. Still, we remain optimistic that short sleeve t-shirts will be required – I have bought Bailey this ukulele one from Hartford and this lovely Bellerose grey linen one. For those days where it’s chilly, then sunny, hot then chilly, sunny, rainy and chilly again, we’ll be layering them under this Babe & Tess navy sweatshirt, and for really chilly days this Hartford cosy fleece lined grey one.
1. Bonton Blouse (3-12 years) £42.64 (was £53.30)
2. Caramel Baby & Child Embroidered Dress (3-10 years) £77.35 (was £96.69
3. Boden Cardigan (1-12 years) £23.60 (was £29.50)
4. Boden Gladiator Sandals (sizes 22-39) £18.55-£25.20 (were £26.50-£31.50)
5. Bonton ‘Happy’ Hairclip (sold as part of a set of two) £9.88 (was £12.35)
6. Le Temps Des Cerise Denim Skirt (10-16 years) £27.22 (was £54.44)
These are a few of our favourite sales pieces for girls. We always make the most of the sales, particularly for the more expensive brands that we don’t usually indulge in that often. We’ve also included these fab Boden glads (don’t forget they also come in leopard print, as styled by Tabitha…) as they are such a great buy, plus this cardigan (why is it so hard to find nice, affordable girls’ cardigans??).
Some more sale bargains: Carament Bleu frilled Breton, Louis Louise sun dress, Bonton cat basket, Bellerose lace dress, Babe & Tess striped all-in-one, and Tabitha’s favourite ‘Alice in Wonderland dress’ from Boden.
1. Emile et Ida T-shirt (3 months-12 years) £16.49 (was £23.56)
2. Louis Louise crepe trousers (3-24 months) £22.75 (were £28.44)
3. Little Mary Nubuck Sandals (sizes 19-24) £44.85 (were £56.06)
Harem pant, cool t-shirt and sweet sandals: the perfect Summer toddler boy outfit. So cute, but still comfortable and practical. In fact, it’s pretty much the perfect Summer outfit for little boys of any age. Both Marlow and Bailey have versions of this outfit – for older boys, just swap in these Gazelle trousers (tried and rested by our boys) and these fisherman sandals.
Nicky & Sarah xx
ps: I always bought Bailey Pom D’api sandals when he was a toddler; I just noticed that these super cute light grey, silver and dark grey ones are all on sale. NHC
1. Maison Lebiche Later Aligator Tee (2-12 years) £22.75 2. EasyRead Time Teacher Watch £19.95
3. Boden Denim Shorts (2-12 years) £22.50-£26.50 4. Pom D’Api Leather Sandals (sizes 24-34) £51.35
We accidentally left Bailey’s watch on holiday recently. Whilst looking for a replacement, I came across the ‘Easy Read Time Teacher’. It’s not possible to see all the clever details here, but all the minutes are named, the screen is split into ‘past’ and ‘to’ as well as other useful annotations like ‘o’clock’ next to the number 12. I also think it has quite cool styling – the shape and fabric strap remind me of military pilot watches. Be sure to impart this information if you think it will encourage them to wear it!.
1. Boden Washed Surf Hoodie (9-16+ years), £29.50-£34.50 2. Next T-Shirt (sold as part of a set of two, 3-16 years), £10.00-£16.00 3. Bonton Backpack, £40.00 4. Boden Denim Shorts (sizes 22-32), £26.50-£31.50 5. Mango Hooded Cotton Parka (3-14 years), £29.99 6. M&S Leather Trainers (sizes 13 small-3 large), £13.00-£14.00
Seeing as we brought you a tween post for girls, we thought it only fair that we do one for the boys too. Here’s a little selection of some of our favourites for those pre-teen boys (although as can see, most of these pieces come on little boy sizes too).
This is exactly the sort of outfit we dressed our children in when they were babies (including Tabitha – we love navy for girls). It’s simple, stylish and these footed leggings mean no sock or shoe requirements. A perfect prêt-à-porter outfit for those busy or tired days when adding two extra items into the mix has the potential to push you over the edge. It also avoids the trouser tug-of-war to keep their little legs warm because their trousers have ridden up above their socks. If any of this sounds all too familiar, don’t worry, you’re not limited to one pair, they also come in ivory and pink.
So Pretty was started by friends Lucy and Lou in 2014. Based in South London and with five young daughters between them, they wanted to offer a new range of clothes and accessories for girls aged 3-10 years. Inspired by nostalgic and fashion forward fabrics they like to use comfortable, fun and feminine materials that share their love of pretty prints, textures and a touch of sparkle. All their collections are designed by them and made in South London with limited numbers in each range. They work hard to ensure the materials they use are produced fairly, sustainably and as close to home as they can so they benefit local economies as well as the environment. They currently have a sale on, so definitely worth a little look.