Kin By John Lewis Boys Parka (2-10 years)
£10.00 (was £15.00) SHOP NOW
Thank you Jacqueline for this great ‘buy now, stash for later’ find. And an amazing price!! You can’t go wrong with a parka, and I’m definitely buying one for Marlow to ‘stash’ for the Autumn. And here’s another (slightly longer) one, also from John Lewis.
ps: here’s a super-cute girls Winter coat from Monsoon to buy now too (it’s just £40.00). So tempted…
pps: Tabitha is wearing her Next shorts dungarees and striped tee combo today (she did take a bit of convincing: “but it’s not pretty enough…”, but I managed to talk her round). It’s so sweet.
1. Next Printed Playsuit, £11.00-£12.00
2. Maileg Mini Bunny Girl, £17.00
3. La Redoute Desert Boots, £22.50 (were £45.00)
1. Gap Burnout Boyfriend Tee, £16.95
2. Joomi Lim Crystal Skull Earrings, £34.00 (were £68.00)
3. Zara Trousers With Paint Marks, £17.99 (were £39.99)
4. Boden Serrana Sandals, £23.60-£47.20 (were £59.00-£69.00)
This is what I refer to as a great, easy to wear ‘running around’ look – nursery/school-run, shopping, running errands, lunch with friends, casual supper… you get the picture. For those days when you just want to feel a bit ‘cooler’, but still comfortable (this is how I want to feel most days – whether I actually manage to achieve it is another matter…). I love these trousers (just remember to turn them up a bit to make them more cropped – it makes all the difference). J.Crew has also done a version, (which I saw when I was in New York at the weekend shooting for Red), which are a bit more pricey, but so fab. Just be prepared for strangers to ask you what you’ve spit on your trousers!! If the paint makes you a little tense, I really like these Anthropologie zip cargo pants too (reduced from £98.00 to just £28.00!). And it’s amazing how a dangly earring can elevate a casual tee, and I’ve had my eye on this Joomi Lim pair for a long time…
ps: Anthropologie has some great sale bargains at the moment, as I discovered as I was snooping around the website earlier – up to 70% off on lots of things. I liked this blouse (would look great with cargo pants actually); these pyjamas; this dress; this jacket (which I spotted in the store in New York and loved); these dungarees; this cutout tee; and these go-with-everything earrings (sorry not in the sale, but lovely and still a good price).
pps: I know it’s Mama Spree Friday, but just wanted to share a few Little Spree purchases that I’ve made recently… I literally bought this M&S pointelle cardigan yesterday. Love the yolk colour (will look great with denim). And when I was in New York I couldn’t leave J.Crew without a few ‘little’ sale bargains, so I bought this glow-in-the-dark pirate tee (Marlow loves it and keeps going into dark cupboards to look at it…) and this baseball tee. I know, I was pretty restrained really wasn’t I??
The Little White Company Cloud Paper Mobile
£25.00 SHOP NOW
One of the sweetest baby mobiles I’ve ever seen (and even lovelier in the flesh)…
1. Next Chambray Playsuit & T-Shirt Set, £15.00-£21.00
2. H&M Straw Bag, £4.99
3. La Coqueta Napa Ballerina, £25.50 (were £34.00)
Could Next have made dressing any easier? The perfect striped Breton already layered under the cutest dungarees shorts. This a ‘mini me’ outit if ever there was one (ok, maybe not the cat bag, although I do love it…)
1. Gap Stripe Tiered Dress, £19.95
2. Noro ‘Valante’ Dress, £51.10 (was £73.00)
3. Coccon Denim Dress, £6.80 (was £17.00)
4. Bonton ‘Delta’ Dress, £45.50 (was £65.00)
5. Ralph Lauren Dress With Bloomers, £32.50 (was £65.00)
I’ve seen so many gorgeous blue Summer dresses that I wanted to share my favourites with you…
1. Petit Bateau Granddad T-Shirt, £13.50
2. Artful Kids ‘My First Smartphone’, £14.95
3. H&M Cotton Shorts, £5.99
4. New Papy Sandals, £48.00 (were £80.00)
Love this colour of this top with white (don’t worry – the price of the shorts reflects how laid back you can be about getting them dirty, but they do look cool though don’t they?). And you don’t get more ‘lo-fi’ than this super-cute wooden mobile phone (complete with chalk and earphone erasers)! Love it.
1. Gap Denim Top, £14.95
2. ilovegorgeous Grosgrain Hair Bow, £3.16 (was £4.50)
3. M&S Pure Cashmere Cardigan, £35.00
4. Cyrllius Liberty Print Bloomers, £25.00
1. Isabel Marant Étoile Striped Cotton Shirt, £110.00
2. ASOS Multipack Gold Plated Sleeper Earrings, £12.00
3. Gap ‘Sexy Boyfriend’ Shorts, £29.95
4. Whistles Slip On Espadrilles, £50.00 (were £85.00)
1. Isabel Marant Étoile Striped Cotton Shirt, £110.00
2. ASOS Multipack Gold Plated Sleeper Earrings, £12.00
3. Adidas Stan Smith Trainers, £66.99
4. Topshop Cigarette Trousers, £22.00
Please forgive the slightly Wintery looking Mama Spree today (don’t worry – more holiday posts to come), but bear with me. Come the Autumn I guarantee you will want a boyish striped shirt (I have shot this Étoile one for a Pre-Fall shoot for Red – you can see the story in the new August issue), a pair of flat-front cropped trousers and a pair of Stan Smith trainers (you need to buy a pair now though, they are selling out fast!). This is where things are heading next season – pared-down, slightly boyish and totally effortless. And I’m all over it. To me this shirt is a real investment piece (and not unreasonably priced), so here are two different ways of wearing it – one for now, one for later. Recognise the Gap shorts – yes I’ve already posted them (it’s not an oversight), but see how versatile they are? And we definitely all need a pair of espadrilles in our lives this Summer.
Here are a few other pieces that I love that would would work with this look… Pure Collection boyfriend cashmere cardigan (it is so hard to find a good, slouchy cashmere everyday cardigan, and this is one of the best I’ve seen, and it’s currently on sale; these white boyfriend (Angie) jeans from Mango would look great with the Issy shirt; I also like these Mango (kimono belt) trousers. I just ordered this (embroidered detail) shirt from Mango too.
1. Maan ‘Coppola’ Dress, £23.60 (was £59.00)
2. H&M Leopard Print Sunglasses, £2.99
3. Mango Cork Neon Sandals, £16.99 (reduced from £29.99)
If you’re quick you can snap up this super-cool girl’s look in the sales…
1. Next Granddad Top, £8.00-£13.00
2. Rufo Drums Cork Drum, £58.00
3. H&M Striped Denim Shorts, £14.99
4. Petit Bateau Metallic Leather Trainers, £36.00 (were £60.00)
Braces don’t just look cute, then are actually serve a purpose too! I love these striped ones from H&M – some of you may remember Marlow’s from last Summer. And these (girl’s) gold trainers are super-oool.
1. Cyrllius Liberty Print Blouse, £35.00 (was £44.00)
2. Hedgehog Woven Basket, £15.00
3. Joules Striped Shorts, £24.95
4. Cyrillus Gladiator Sandals, £65.00
1. Mothercare Floral Playsuit, £12.00
2. Caramel ‘Kiwi’ Romper, £65.00
3. Gap Striped Romper, £11.99 (was £16.95)
4. Cyrillus Liberty Print Romper, £35.00
Rompers, playsuits, all-in-ones, bubbles (yes really)… Call them what you will. Here is a selection of my favourites out there, to fit little ones from three months to five years.. As you know Tabitha has the striped one from Gap, and I love it on her so much (and you can now pick one up in the sale). I’m rather tempted to buy another one for her for next Summer. A romper just looks so cute, no matter what. And no annoying gaps between tops and bottom halves (the baby equivalent of the muffin top!).
1. Junk Food Stripe Hero Tee, £14.95
2. H&M Fisherman’s Hat, £2.50
3. Gap Retro Sunglasses, £5.00
4. Gap Frayed Denim Shorts, £16.95
5. M&S Leather Buckle Sandals, £14.00-£18.00
Just to show that superhero t-shirts can be worked into a stylish outfit…
Fisher Price Music Box Record Player (suitable from 12 months plus)
£30.00 SHOP NOW
I had one of these when I was little, and it was one of my favourite toys ever. I bought an original one for Tabitha and Marlow on Ebay a couple of years ago, and they absolutely love it. They play with it almost every day. No need to trawl through eBay now that Fisher Price has recently started making them again, closely based on the 1971 original design (it looks almost identical to ours). It’s a great present idea too.
ps: lots of people have been asking me about the name labels I mentioned a while back. They are from Tiny Me. I ordered Garden Party in ‘classic’.
Belle & Boo Star Chart
£9.99 SHOP NOW
I have been looking for a sweet reward/star chart for the twins for a while now, and someone recommended this one from Belle & Boo. It’s such a lovely, stylish one. Another option is the trusty marble jar system (which we also use). These personalised ones from notonthehighstreet are great (Tabs and Marlow have them).
1. Topshop Tencel Shirt, £42.00
2. Ashish X Sweatshirt, £50.00
3. Accessorize Scalloped Lace Shorts, £35.00
4. Steve Madden Studded Sandals, £75.00
This is an easy Summer look that, depending how confident you are in your legs, will take you from home to holiday. If the shorts make you tense (for some reason I tend to only wear denim cut-offs at home – any other type of short feels a little too risqué somehow, but that’s just me…). I will definitely wear all the other three pieces here, and just save the shorts for holiday. A khaki shirt is a Summer must-have, and such a versatile piece to work into your wardrobe, and I will be snapping one up very soon. This is a great option too – I call it a ‘throw over’ shirt-jacket. So useful. I have a similar one from Gap that I wear all the time in this ‘will it won’t it?’ weather. And I’m obsessed with these studded slides! Other things I’m coveting/buying this week include these Gap boyfriend tees; this Little White Lies blouse which I have just ordered (thank you Shola for the tip-off) and arrived yesterday. It’s beyond gorgeous. I will live in it this Summer (I LOVE a pretty white top/blouse). I’m rather tempted by the dress too (it’s so similar to an Isabel Marant one that I bought before the twins were born)… And lastly there are some amazing designer sale bargains around at the moment. Here are a few that have been featured in past Mama Spree posts that you might be a little more interested in the second time around (don’t make my mistake and hold out too long though – I missed out on an Isabel Marant jumpsuit while I was faffing around)…
Isabel Marant belt (as seen here); Boden heels (as seen here); Joseph dress (as seen here); Jérôme Dreyfus leopard print flats (as seen here); Acne skinny jeans (as seen here); Boden striped flats (as seen here); Isabel Marant sweatshirt (as seen here); and Mango peacoat (as seen here).
ps: my favourite Issy boots are also on sale!! They were such a good buy.
1. ilovegorgeous Archie Dress, £27.30 (was £39.00)
2. Woodstock Rabbit Ear Headband, £25.00
3. Mini Boden Pointelle Cardigan, £12.60-£14.00 (was £18.00-£20.00)
4. Start-Rite White Leather T Bar Shoes, £46.00
ps: the M&S and Gap sales have started. Up to 50 & 60% off!!
1. Alice à Paris Short Parka, £36.00
2. Gap Slub Stripe Tee, £8.95
3. Gap Flat Front Shorts, £10.99
4. Bonpoint Sandals, £85.00
Love the colours and the layers…
1. M&S Cotton Onesie With Hat, £16.00
2. Numero 74 Star Garland, £15.00
3. Numero 74 Round Bib, £8.00
How cute is this Missoni-esque romper and matching hat? Completely adorable. I’m also loving this navy dress; this pleated blouse; this romper; these hareem pants and this cotton cardigan. All from M&S.
ps: sales definitely worth checking out: Elias & Grace; Zara Kids; Bobo Choses; The Little White Company; Alex And Alexa; ilovegorgeous; Caramel; Petit Bateau; Mango; and Stella McCartney Kids.